I got this recipe from my cousin’s wife and she got it from my other cousin’s wife. So here I am passing it along down the line because these cookies are BANGIN’. My husband loves them too, and no he’s not lactating…yet. Lols.
I made some changes to the original recipe bc it’s a free country. Still. For now. I think.
- 2 cups of old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups trail mix
- 1 cup of salted butter
- 4 table spoons of water
- 3 tablespoons of Brewers Yeast
- 2 tablespoons of Flaxseed Meal
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
Preparation time is around 15-20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
1) Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes.
2) Cream (beat well) butter and brown sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mix well.
3) Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the butter mix. Beat until blended.
4) Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips.
5) Add to butter mixture. Stir in oats then chips.
6) Scoop or drop onto baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies. Makes approximately 6 dozen cookies.
Leave a Reply